By Microsoft Corporation
With this respectable MCSE education equipment, IT pros methods to make the most of the robust clustering providers within the home windows 2000 complex Server working method to maximise software and information availability, reduce downtime, and decrease IT expenditures. As they construct those crucial system-support talents, they're additionally getting in-depth training for MCP examination 70-223-an optionally available at the home windows 2000 MCSE tune. issues map on to the ambitions measured by means of the examination, together with configuring the community for Cluster provider set up, fitting the software program, environment and troubleshooting prone and purposes on a cluster, coping with cluster assets, and optimizing cluster functionality. scholars study via an built-in method of classes, skill-building tutorials, and self-assessment routines. a cheap replacement to school room guide, this equipment permits busy execs to set their very own velocity and research via doing!
Read Online or Download MCSE Training Kit: Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server Advanced Server Clustering Services PDF
Similar client-server systems books
Asserting an all-new MCSE education equipment designed to aid maximize your functionality on examination 70-293, a middle examination for the recent home windows Server 2003 certification. This equipment packs the instruments and contours examination applicants wish most-including in-depth, self-paced education; rigorous, objective-by-objective evaluate; examination counsel from specialist, exam-certified authors; and a strong checking out suite.
Get the in-depth info you should use team coverage to manage home windows Server 2008 and home windows Vista direct from a number one workforce coverage MVP and the Microsoft crew coverage team.
With workforce coverage and energetic listing listing carrier, directors can reap the benefits of policy-based administration to streamline the management of clients and desktops during the company from servers operating home windows Server 2008, home windows Server 2003 or home windows 2000 Server, to workstations working home windows Vista, home windows XP expert, or home windows 2000 expert. This crucial source offers in-depth technical info and professional insights for simplifying and automating administrative projects, together with coverage enforcement, procedure updates, and software program installations, in addition to the best way to centralize the administration of community assets. The CD presents crucial utilities, activity aids, and extra. It s every thing you must support bring up your potency whereas bolstering person productiveness, safety companies, and process reliability.
Key e-book Benefits:
- grants definitive product details with professional insights immediately from a number one Microsoft MVP on crew coverage and the Microsoft staff coverage group at Microsoft
- information the severe details you want to centrally deal with your online business utilizing team Policy
- find out how to administer team coverage to enhance community reliability, enforce safeguard prone, and retailer time and money
This booklet is for SharePoint builders operating with Publishing sites—sites that leverage MOSS 2007 WCM features. It doesn't disguise administrative issues in any nice aspect, in basic terms the place totally precious. For the main half, no chapters are based upon one another, so every one bankruptcy can be utilized as a reference independently of the others.
The Grid is an rising infrastructure that may essentially swap the best way we expect about-and use-computing. The notice Grid is utilized by analogy with the electrical energy grid, which gives pervasive entry to electrical energy and has had a dramatic impression on human features and society. Many think that via permitting all elements of our details know-how infrastructure-computational features, databases, sensors, and people-to be shared flexibly as real collaborative instruments the Grid can have an analogous reworking impression, permitting new sessions of functions to emerge.
- Programming Windows Azure: Programming the Microsoft Cloud , 1st Edition
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008: A Beginner's Guide (Network Professional's Library)
- Distributed Systems: An Algorithmic Approach, Second Edition (Chapman & Hall/CRC Computer and Information Science Series)
- Cloud Computing: Automating the Virtualized Data Center (Networking Technology)
- Sams Teach Yourself Microsoft Windows 2000 Server in 24 Hours
- Microsoft Internet & Networking Dictionary
Extra resources for MCSE Training Kit: Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server Advanced Server Clustering Services
11. 2. Lesson 2: Installing and Configuring the Network Adapters 43 44 Lesson 3: Configuring the Shared Storage Device Configuring the Private Network Adapter Properties 1. On the first server in the cluster, from the Windows 2000 desktop, right-click My Network Places and click Properties. The Network And Dial-Up Connections window will open. 2. Right-click Private Cluster Connection and click Properties. 3. Click Configure and then select the Advanced tab. 4. Verify that all the properties match both servers in the cluster.
8. What implementation models are supported by Cluster Service? a. Shared Device b. Shared Nothing c. Shared Everything d. Mixed 9. Describe when failovers and failbacks occur. 10. Your organization has asked you to implement a cluster using Cluster Service for its e-commerce Web site. You have decided to implement a solution that uses two nodes, one that hosts all the resources in the cluster and one that acts as a live backup in the event of a failure. Which configuration model does this represent?
Note, however, that Microsoft does not support this configuration. Cluster Planning Checklist The following checklist can further help you plan your cluster implementation. 1. Assemble the planning team. The team should include members from various technical and business groups in the organization. Remember to include team members that can contribute information regarding third-party applications in addition to standard Microsoft technologies. 2. Identify which applications and services require high availability.