By Jacqueline Winders
Your top first connection with the French language
As you start learning the French language, you want to have a competent bilingual dictionary with the fundamental phrases you would like, no longer the complicated phrases you do not. With McGraw-Hill's French pupil Dictionary you can find what you would like fast and easily--without being beaten with text.
This e-book features:
- 3,500 crucial phrases, each one with grammatical details, easy-to-use pronunciation consultant, verb conjugation (when appropriate), and an instance sentence
- Numerous subentries to provide an explanation for colours of that means and idiomatic expressions with regards to the central entries
- A number of grammar information and tricks, together with universal blunders to prevent
- Helpful appendices of worthwhile info resembling universal names in French, weights and measures, maps, numbers, and more
Begin your language studying with the authoritative McGraw-Hill's French pupil Dictionary at your facet. It presents an ideal supplement in your French studies.
Read or Download McGraw-Hill’s French Student Dictionary PDF
Best foreign language dictionaries & thesauruses books
Qiang is a Tibeto-Burman language of southwest China, spoken by way of approximately 70,000 Qiang and Tibetan humans in northern Sichuan Province. This ebook, the 1st book-length description of the Qiang language in English, contains not just the reference grammar, but additionally an ethnological assessment, a number of totally analyzed texts (mostly conventional tales) and an annotated thesaurus.
This quantity offers the goals, power, tools, and findings of latest digital lexicography. It discusses the procedures to be hired in constructing corpora, the belief of lists of lemmata, the processing and presentation of facts of prevalence, and the lexicographical training of grammatical and diachronic details.
Touring in another country equivalent to Russia abruptly turns into much more interesting for those who can have interaction in based small speak with the locals. Russian words For Dummies is your convenient consultant to daily phrases and words you can begin utilizing instantly to make your stopover at extra lucrative and an entire lot more uncomplicated.
The audio CDs to accompany 'Teach your self Czech' (978 zero 340 87058 7). The publication and CDs also are on hand in a pack (978 zero 340 90623 1).
- Colloquial Irish: The Complete Course for Beginners (Colloquial Series (Book Only))
- A Dictionary of Iraqi Arabic: English-Arabic (Arabic Series)
- Information Structure in Spoken Arabic (Routledge Arabic Linguistics Series)
- English-Tibetan Dictionary of Modern Tibetan
- Decoding Kanji: A Practical Approach to Learning Look-Alike Characters
- Siddhartha (Webster's French Thesaurus Edition) (French Edition)
Extra info for McGraw-Hill’s French Student Dictionary
Good evening; good night Pierre dit “bonsoir” à ses amis. Pierre says “good evening” to his friends. le bord - la bougie le bord [BÒR] n. m. edge, side, border Il pêche au bord de la rivière. He fishes on the riverside. la botte [BÒT] n. f. boot J’ai de grandes bottes pour marcher dans la neige. I have big boots for walking in the snow. la bouche [BOOSH] n. f. mouth Le bébé met tout à la bouche. The baby puts everything in his mouth. le boucher [boo SHAY] n. m. butcher la bouchère n. f. Le boucher vend des rôtis de bœuf.
Suntanned Elle est très bronzée. She is very suntanned. la brosse [BRÒS] n. f. brush la brosse à dents toothbrush J’ai mon peigne, mais pas ma brosse. I have my comb, but not my brush. se brosser [suh brò SAY] v. to brush (oneself) Ma sœur se brosse les cheveux chaque matin. My sister brushes her hair every morning. le brouillard [broo YAHR] n. m. fog; mist Les conducteurs allument leurs phares dans le brouillard. The drivers turn on their headlights in the fog. le bruit [BRWEE] n. m. noise Ces enfants font beaucoup de bruit.
L’assiette [ah SYET] n. f. plate (dishes) Combien d’assiettes faut-il mettre sur la table? How many plates do we need to put on the table? assis(e) [ah SEE(Z)] adj. m. f. seated, sitting Tout le monde est assis. Everyone is seated. l’assistant [ah see STAN] n. m. aid, assistant Le savant travaille avec son assistant. The scientist is working with his assistant. assister [ah see STAY] v. to aid, to assist assister à to attend Guy et Marc assistent au match de football. Guy and Mark attend the soccer game.