By Michael O Siadhail
This article is an introductory direction to the Irish language. It presents a pedagogical method of the standard language learner, whereas additionally providing the pro linguist with an real description of the spoken language. a collection of audio tapes can be found individually.
Read or Download Learning Irish, New Edition: Text (Yale Language) PDF
Best foreign language dictionaries & thesauruses books
Qiang is a Tibeto-Burman language of southwest China, spoken by means of approximately 70,000 Qiang and Tibetan humans in northern Sichuan Province. This e-book, the 1st book-length description of the Qiang language in English, comprises not just the reference grammar, but additionally an ethnological review, numerous totally analyzed texts (mostly conventional tales) and an annotated thesaurus.
This quantity provides the goals, power, equipment, and findings of up to date digital lexicography. It discusses the approaches to be hired in constructing corpora, the notion of lists of lemmata, the processing and presentation of proof of prevalence, and the lexicographical instruction of grammatical and diachronic info.
Touring in another country resembling Russia without warning turns into much more fascinating if you happen to can have interaction in stylish small speak with the locals. Russian words For Dummies is your convenient consultant to daily phrases and words you can begin utilizing instantly to make your stopover at extra profitable and a complete lot more straightforward.
The audio CDs to accompany 'Teach your self Czech' (978 zero 340 87058 7). The publication and CDs also are to be had in a pack (978 zero 340 90623 1).
- Beginner's Icelandic (Hippocrene Beginner's)
- Colloquial Russian: The Complete Course For Beginners (Colloquial Series (Book Only))
- Vocabulaire En Dialogues, Niveau Intermediaire [With CD (Audio)] (French Edition)
- Rond-Point: une perspective actionnelle (2nd Edition)
- Le Vocabulaire du Cinema
Extra resources for Learning Irish, New Edition: Text (Yale Language)
IF-CLAUSES TO EXPRESS A CONDITION (i) Positive Dhá mbeadh Mdirtin anseo, bheadh Cdit If Máirtín were here, Cáit would be sdsta content. Dhd 'if (... 1 The dependent form (see Lesson 6) is used where this distinction is made. (ii) Negative Mara mbeadh Mdirtin anseo, ni bheadh Cdit sdsta. If Máirtín were not here, Cáit would not be content. Mara 'if (... were) not, unless (... were)' causes eclipsis and is followed by the conditional1. The dependent form is used where this distinction is made. Dhd or similarly mara may be variously translated as 'if...
4. g. aon fhear mór amháin 'only one big man', aon bhean mhór amháin 'only one big woman' (see Lesson 4). g. an da fhuinneoig mhóra 'the two big windows', na tri theach bheaga 'the three little houses'. 5. USE OF CEANN WITH NUMBERS Ceann 'one' (lit. 'head') can stand for any noun: An bhfuil mórán boird anseo ? Bord amhdin / Ceann amhdin. Dhd bhord / Dhd cheann / Péire. Cheithre bhord / Cheithre cinn. Are there many tables here ? One table / One. Two tables / Two. Four tables / Four. Péire 'pair' is very often used in place of Dhd cheann.
Spdin dhom do Uiimn. ' Bhi an Idimh ceart arist. 'Bhoil, anois ! ' 'Ni airim go maith. Nil mo ghoile go maith agus td bias aisteach ar mo bhéal,' a deir Mdirtin Beag. ' Ni raibh focal ag Mdirtin Beag mar uaireanta, bíonn an dochtúr sdch cantalach. ' M raibh Mdirtin Beag i bhfad tinn. DIALANN Dé Domhnaigh Td mé anseo in aice leis an Spidéal arist. Td an teach seo compóirteach. Td cupla strainséara eile ar lóistin anseo. Td a gcuid Gaeilge go maith. Bhi mé tamall anseo anuraidh freisin agus bhi mé sdch sdsta leis an ait.